Basic Sierra Chart
- Visit the Sierra Chart download page HERE
- Press the Download Sierra Chart button
- Open the newly downloaded File. It may be in your /Downloads folder
- Choose the Installation path (Recommending to use an SSD harddrive, not hard disk)
- Click Install, then Open up Sierra Chart
Visit the Services Activation page and login to access data feeds:
Create an Account, Account Login and Purchase Information
Main Control Panel Current Date - Time: Thu, 01 Dec 2022 16:17:28 +0000 To access the page you are trying to get to, you must first login below. For easy login select from within Sierra Chart. If you do not have an account, Create an Account.
- Title Bar: File > New/Open Intraday Chart (or add a New Chart button to control bar)
- Choose a desired symbol
- Select by clicking within the chart
- Title Bar: Chart > Chart Settings
- Adjust settings as needed. More on this HERE
- Select by clicking within the chart
- Title Bar: Chart > Graphics Settings - Chart
Charts are saved as a .CHT file format. These must be stored in the USER/SierraChart/Data folder.
Often when downloading charts from other users, 2 things need changing:
- The symbol. Change the symbol or go to Title Bar: Edit >Translate Symbols to Current Service
- Change the session times to match desired. Title Bar: Chart > Chart Settings > Session Times menu > Session Start Time, Session End Time
- Ensure a data package has been activated from the Sierra Chart Website, Denali as example
- Title Bar: Chart Settings > Market Depth menu > Maximum Depth Levels
- Change to desired value, 0 loads all available. 5 will show first five bid and ask depths
- Select by clicking the chart to adjust
- Title Bar: Chart > Chart Graphics Settings > Other tab
- Candlestick With % adjust as needed
Title Bar: Chart > Show Bid Ask Lines is unchecked
Try these individual solutions
- Title Bar: Edit > Translate Symbols to Current Service
- Data is disconnected or needs activation
- Title Bar: Chart > Reset Bar/Spacing/Scale
- Too many days are loaded, consider changing how many days are loaded
- Select by clicking the chart
- Title Bar: Chart > Chart Settings > Data Limiting menu > Days to Load Intraday Chart Data
- Set to a lower number
- reduce days loaded
- increase chart update interval
- delete excess studies, subgraphs, drawing tools
- see Performance Guide HERE
◀️Previous Module: Glossary
▶️Next Module: 1st Time User
Back To Handbook Home
Please be aware that the information contained in this handbook is not intended to be and should not be taken as financial advice. The creator is not a financial advisor and the materials provided should not be relied upon in making any financial decisions. Any actions taken based on the information contained in this handbook are taken at the reader's own risk and the creator will not be held liable for any losses or damages resulting from such actions.
In addition, the creator is not a registered broker or financial advisor in the United States and the materials contained in this handbook do not constitute financial advice or a recommendation to buy or sell any financial instrument. The creator does not endorse or recommend any particular investment strategy and the reader should not rely on any information contained in this handbook as the basis for making any investment decisions.
Furthermore, past performance is not indicative of future results and the reader should be aware that trading futures, crypto, stocks, and NFTs carries a high degree of risk and the possibility of significant losses. The reader should carefully consider their financial situation and seek independent financial advice before making any investment decisions.
The creator of this handbook is not an expert and the materials contained within are provided for educational and entertainment purposes only. No material contained in this handbook suggests a specific method or strategy for investing or trading, and under no circumstances should anything contained in this handbook or any related materials be considered as financial advice.
Please also be aware that some pages within this handbook may contain affiliate links that pay the creator a small commission at no additional cost to the reader. The inclusion of these links does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement of the products or services being advertised and the reader should carefully evaluate the suitability of any product or service before making a purchase.
By accessing and using the materials contained in this handbook, the reader acknowledges and agrees to the terms of this disclaimer and releases the creator from any liability for financial losses or damages resulting from the reader's use of the materials contained within. It is possible to lose more than the value of a trading account. Nothing within this handbook is advice or a recommendation to the reader. Any damages or losses following changes the reader makes to Sierra Chart after reading material within this handbook the creator should not be held liable. This handbook is NOT created by Sierra Chart and is not an official handbook to Sierra Chart. Each purchase only grants the user associated with the email provided on checkout for lifetime access. Trading is risky.